Dell Inspiron "Suspend"

kennett 16:58 23 Jul 03

I have recently bough a second hand Dell Inspiron 3200 which has had Windows 98SE installed in place of Win 95. The machine goes into a "suspend" or "stand/by" mode after a relatively dshort time and I don't know how to bring it back to life.
There is a set of characters that shows up on the left side of the LCD panel when the machine goes to sleep - from left to right there is a locked padlock, capital A, number 1, a block of 9 dots in a square then what looks like a downward pointing arrow.
How do I exit this mode?

recap 17:45 23 Jul 03

Try double clicking the padlock to see if it will open.

kennett 18:03 23 Jul 03

I have not made myself clear. The LCD panel is the one under the screen that shows battery condition, drive activity etc.

Big Elf 19:20 23 Jul 03

Earlier Dell laptops had a 'Dell Control Centre' accessible from the 'Start' menu which allowed fine tuning of the settings. Has yours got this?

If not there should be a power saving settings option available from the Control Panel but not having used Win98 I'm not sure exactly where it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…