DELL Inspiron Shut offs randomly

incilibisiler 17:29 PM 01 Oct 11

I've got DELL Inspiron with i5. I bought it last May 2011. Last 2 months sometimes my laptop shut offs when it was over heated. But it was temporarly 1-2 minutes later i could open it.

Last thursday installed FIFA12 -original-. While I was playing computer shutted off, i thought over heated again but 2-3 later computer did not started, pushed open button, fan was starting but only 15 seconds later shutted down again. Yesterday I went to service (not dell) he blowed air into laptop. After i came home and opened FIFA12 it closed again. When i was trying to open, 15 seconds later shutted down again but 2 hours later its opened just for 20 min. Today i blowed an air and for now it's working fine (idk when problem shows up again) but i can't play FIFA12 cause when i am trying to play problem appears again.

Graphicool1 17:56 PM 01 Oct 11

When it's on and you look through the vent where the other guy and you blow in air can you see the fan going round? It sounds like either the fan isn't working or not working properly. If this is the case it will need to be replaced.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:32 PM 01 Oct 11

Blowing in air doesn't always solve the problem it can also damage the fan.

Far better to open the machine and clean the heat sink its probably blocked

What model number?

incilibisiler 21:35 PM 01 Oct 11

laptop model is dell 46H43

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:12 PM 01 Oct 11

When you have the laptop apart, be sure to remove the fan or the fan cover to gain access to the backside of the heatsink fins. This is the area that is notorious for building up a wall of dust.

incilibisiler 23:17 PM 01 Oct 11

Ok but what i am doing when i remove the Processor Heat Sink. Just blow?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:11 AM 02 Oct 11

leave the fan attached and bush out the heat sink fins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know