Dell Inspiron Dell System Restore - Help!!

TicTacToc 19:46 02 Jan 06

Hi all, I am new to these forums.

Ok, basically I've got lots of problems with my laptop, and if there is no way to do the following, I will have to post them.

Basically I have done a clean XP install on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and I want to do the Dell system restore that restores it to factory settings to sell.
I know the partition is still there (10gb of my hard drive is taken up), but I can't access it by the normal ctrl f11 command.

Any help?

MichelleC 20:43 02 Jan 06

As far as I know you have to boot up with the restore disc which then activates to format and reload.

TicTacToc 21:00 02 Jan 06

Hi,

Thanks for the info, but I don't think I've got a restore disk . . .I've got a Windows XP disc, but I don't think you mean that. . .

Would Dell send me one if I called them up? I'm in the UK by the way. . .

Strawballs 21:17 02 Jan 06

If you go to Dell's site you might be able to download a small program burn it to a rewitable then boot with the disc in as long as the bios is set to boot first I am assuming that it is if you have just installed XP from disc. The program sould boot you to the Partion

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:08 02 Jan 06

Perform a PC Restore of the operating system.
To perform a restore of the operating using PC Restore, perform the following steps:

NOTE: Dell PC Restore by Symantec is available on Dimension and Inspiron systems that shipped on or after 7/16/2004 in the Americas and 8/30/2004 in Europe.

1. Power the computer on.
2. When the Dell screen appears press and hold the <Ctrl> key on the keyboard, press the <F11> key, then release them both at the same time.
The Dell PC Restore by Symantec window appears.

NOTE NOTE: Press the keys one time only. If you press them more than once, a keyboard error occurs and the process has to be initiated again.

3. Click the Restore button or press the <Tab> key to highlight Restore and press the <Enter> key.
A caution message appears advising that all data will be lost.
4. Click the Confirm button or press the <Tab> key to highlight Confirm and press the <Enter> key.
The Progress window appears. Once the process is begun, Dell PC Restore usually takes only 8 to 10 minutes to complete.
When the restore is complete, the message The system recovery process was successful appears.
5. Click the Finish button or press the <Tab> key to highlight Finish and press the <Enter> key.
The computer will restart.

Your software is now as it was when you first received your computer.

Strawballs 22:38 02 Jan 06

Fruit Bat /\0/\ he said at the top that the Ctrl F11 did not work. I think that it might be because an XP disc was used rather than the Dell PC Restore therefore the section for accessing the restore partion has been erased.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…