Dell Inspiron 9300 Driver updates

johnpalmer 09:19 31 Aug 08

I have just downloaded a driver update software, which informs me that 16 of my drivers are out of date.

Not unexpectedly really,I would have to pay £15 to get any help on the updating.

One of my outdated drivers is for the ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300.

I have visited the ATI website to try and update direct, but I can't see anywhere on the site for clear support help.

I was expecting for me to tell them what I have, and for them to recommend the best driver to update to.

Can anybody offer me any advice on this please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:06 31 Aug 08

"I have just downloaded a driver update software, which informs me that 16 of my drivers are out of date.

Not unexpectedly really,I would have to pay £15 to get any help on the updating."

They are after your money! does the machine work OK? then forget the updates, your not likely to see any difference anyway.

johnpalmer 09:27 01 Sep 08

Thanks for the info.

Yes the machine seems to work OK, but I would still like to know how to locate (easily) updated drivers from FREE software manufacturers sites if possible.

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:39 01 Sep 08

The manufacturers of the equipment put the new drivers on there own sites for free download.

GRIDD 11:19 01 Sep 08

I have just spent the morning on click here downloading updates for several Dell machines. All for free.

User-1229748 12:30 01 Sep 08

the best place to download drivers is on your machine manufacturers downloads site.i've only had driver trouble thru windows updates but never on hp's site :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…