Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook and battery

wildhouse 18:30 20 Aug 07

Can anyone tell me the difference between a 6 cell Lithium-Ion Battery and a 9 cell Lithium-Ion Battery? Am about to order a Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook for my daughter for uni and have this as a choice. Also, does anyone have an Inspiron with 'True-Life' LCD monitor - does it make a difference visually? Also, is there much difference between 1024MB 533 MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM and 1024MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM?

Many thanks for any help

Clapton is God 18:43 20 Aug 07

In answer to your first question, look under Item 17 (battery Glossary) click here

wildhouse 18:58 20 Aug 07

Sorry to be thick but am unsure what this means!

Would a 9 cell last longer than a 6 cell?

Thanks

MIKE. 20:30 20 Aug 07

Hi wildhouse if its any help I ordered a Dell inspiron 6400 for my neighbour some months ago. One of his requests was to have the true life screen and I must say the screen clarity is superior to the standard screen. If I had to find a fault with the true life screen it is more reflective than a normal screen. But saying that he is full of praise for the true life screen. As a final point I have just ordered a Dell Inspiron 6400 for my son a few days ago, and I have gone for the true life screen. With regards to the 6 or 9 cell Battery I have ordered mine with the 9 cell as the 6 cell is 53 whr compared to the 9 cell which is 85 whr. This in my mind tells me the 9 cell should last longer under normal conditions before re charging is required. Though I am prepared to be proved wrong if anyone has more info.

Ashrich 20:46 20 Aug 07

Choice of processor would be the main reason for choosing ddr2 667 memory over ddr2 533 , A high end Core2 duo t7*** series would benefit from 667 , certain 5 series also , other 5 and original Core Duo processors only had a 533 bus speed therefore they only would need 533 memory

Ashley

wildhouse 20:49 20 Aug 07

Many thanks for all info - very helpful. Will bite the bullet and order the Dell now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017