Dell Inspiron 6400 glossy True Bright - glare

cacadooo 20:15 16 Aug 07

I have just got my laptop and bar the upgrade to 1440x900 screen I am happy with it.
The draw back is actually the screen which is a glossy unit. Unfortuantely, there are reflections in any natural light around (or in the office), especially when running on the battery as there is far less backlight. I tried to adjust it to the best quality when using battery but to no avail. When I plug AC adaptor is much better but I did not buy a laptop to sit with it at my desk all the time.

What can I do? I have started thinking to send a laptop back as there was no single word on the Dell's website that this panel is a glossy one. And as far as I am concerned, I have not seen Dell's glossy LCDs anywhere. Even in the office, normal desktop panels have matte finish as they are not that reflective.
May be there is a filter that I could stick to the panel that could help, as this really gives me headaches and eye strain. I am seriously frustrated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…