Dell Inspiron 6000 screen problem

2neat 07:30 13 Mar 10

Hi. My screen goes blank after about 2 mins from startup. Does this even on BIOS page.
I am plugged into an external monitor now & all working fine apart from screen.
Do you think the LCD Screen Inverter is the most likely suspect?
Like I say, all is well when plugged into the external monitor.
Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

birdface 08:10 13 Mar 10

Worth a read.

click here

2neat 10:07 13 Mar 10

very interesting read. Thanks Buteman.
Never thought about magnetic switch :o

2neat 15:24 13 Mar 10

Been reading up on this fault. Took lappy into very bright room and could see desktop etc.
So its the backlight that has failed!
Also noticed bright orange across whole display which after reading is an indication that the CCFL tube needs to be replaced. Looks like a non starter for me. Hard enough just trying to open the back off a lappy let alone pull the display to bits. I have ordered a new custom Sony lappy last week as it happens and was going to give this one to the kids. Oh well, sorry kids ;)
Ebay for spares me thinks........

Cheers

T0SH 15:33 13 Mar 10

I would check in the power settings to see if there is a setting saying "What to do when I close the lid on this laptop" if you choose the "do nothing" setting you should most probably end up with the same result without resorting to open heart surgery :¬)

Cheers HC

birdface 16:03 13 Mar 10

Did you try it in safe mode to see if it would work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…