Dell Inspiron 530 Bleeps 4 times..?

perpetual motion 12:33 08 Feb 09

Hi all, my old pc is been a little silly or is it me.?
I took the heat sink out last week as it was RAMMED with Dust so i unscrewed it & blew most of the dust away & since putting it back on i cant get it to boot correctly it just keep sbleeping 4 times..?
Any ideas would be VERY greatfull!!

PM

PO79 12:38 08 Feb 09

click here for bios beeps info.

skidzy 13:06 08 Feb 09

First check to see if anything is dislodged.

Particularly the graphics card (if this applies).

Then also check the ram is clipped down firmly (be careful you do not push to hard and crack the motherboard).

While inside the case,check all connections.

If you have removed the Fan from the heatsink...make sure you have connected everything correctly.

Did you remove the cpu ?

lotvic 13:18 08 Feb 09

Dell Inspiron 530 Owners manual click here from Dell UK website click on download the .pdf
page 166 Removing the Processor Fan/Heat Sink Assembly
page 171 new thermal grease before reinstalling heat sink

Troubleshooting Tools
Power Lights page 85
Beep Codes page 86

It says 4 beeps is possibly ram problem, maybe they became dislodged when you were 'doing stuff' inside.

perpetual motion 13:57 08 Feb 09

MANY thankx guys i REALLY!!! do appreciate your replies..!!!
PM

woodchip 14:05 08 Feb 09

Either Graphics car or Memory problem. If it as a Card turn power off pc including remove 240volts plug then remove card and refit. you could also try this with memory strips

perpetual motion 14:05 08 Feb 09

"lotvic" You Supperstar it worked...i cant belive i missed that one!!!
TY so much!!!

lotvic 14:58 08 Feb 09

skidzy said it first :)

perpetual motion 23:16 08 Feb 09

oh well both of you!!! BTW ive just sold it as well!! so a special thankyou!!! & ive been paid...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…