dell inspiron 2200

stephen1978 18:46 22 Jul 08

can anyone help me plz i can seem to get the wireless conection to work does anyone no how to turn it on ??

MsTechie 19:02 22 Jul 08

I've come across this problem before, try hitting the function key and either f8 or f7.

Sea Urchin 19:06 22 Jul 08

Try Fn+F2 to turn on wireless card

stephen1978 19:35 22 Jul 08

ive tryed fn+f2 but it still wont pick up the wireless signal ??

MsTechie 19:39 22 Jul 08

Then try Fn+F8 or Fn+F7

stephen1978 20:07 22 Jul 08

ive tryed all of that but still no joy lol

f2 f7 f8 +fn

Sea Urchin 22:13 22 Jul 08

I think the Dell 2200 may have a program (look on Start > All Programs) which needs to be run to enable wireless. Also, some laptops have a button at the front/side which you push to enable wireless. If you don't have a user manual you can download it from here - maybe give you some more ideas.

click here

ambra4 01:38 23 Jul 08

Are you sure that the laptop have a wireless card

NOTE from Dell Inspiron 2200 Manual:

Wireless networking equipment is optional for some systems and may not be included with your computer

Check that a wireless card is listed in Network Connection or the Device Manager

Using the FN (Function) key you have to hold down the FN key and press the F2 to Enable the

Wireless card as stated in the manual

You can also Enable/Disable from inside the Network Connection Area

Click Start-Setting-Network Connection-Right click on the Wireless Area Connection-Enable or

Disable as required

Some times you have to Disable and Enable before the card will connect to the wireless system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…