Dell Inspiron 15R Just "Repaired"

AshleyTensel7 03:16 AM 23 Aug 12

I have recently just recieved my dell inspiron 15R laptop back from pc world, they had reset it completely, and now the applications which were available in a taskbar at the right hand side is now gone and i do not know how to get it up as it was there when i first got my laptop. Please could you tell me how to get that bar back up?

Also, before it got reset, i used to get little notifications telling me when i turn caps locks on and off and when i change my volume and other things to do with the settings, but now this also does not show up, could you please tell me how i could also get this back on again?

Thank You Ashley.T

lotvic 13:59 PM 23 Aug 12

If you ever need to restore to factory settings again, here are the instructions MainPageClickHere for Inspirion ClickHere

northumbria61 14:34 PM 23 Aug 12

To change taskbar to right hand side of screen - Control Panel - Taskbar & Start Menu - Taksbar & Start Menu Properties - Taskbar location on screen - change to right - click Apply - OK

northumbria61 14:36 PM 23 Aug 12

Caps on/off - There should be a way to activate the on screen indicator. Dell Quick Set is now called Mobility Center. Type Mobility Center in the start box--even just Mobility will work. See if the setting is there. Press the caps lock key then look at the lower right corner of the desktop for a faint icon of a lock. It fades, so you need to check by pressing the key.

northumbria61 14:39 PM 23 Aug 12

Sorry - your query was about showing notifications which has already been answered by Jock1e

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…