Dell Inspiron 15R Just "Repaired"

AshleyTensel7 03:16 AM 23 Aug 12

I have recently just recieved my dell inspiron 15R laptop back from pc world, they had reset it completely, and now the applications which were available in a taskbar at the right hand side is now gone and i do not know how to get it up as it was there when i first got my laptop. Please could you tell me how to get that bar back up?

Also, before it got reset, i used to get little notifications telling me when i turn caps locks on and off and when i change my volume and other things to do with the settings, but now this also does not show up, could you please tell me how i could also get this back on again?

Thank You Ashley.T

lotvic 13:59 PM 23 Aug 12

If you ever need to restore to factory settings again, here are the instructions MainPageClickHere for Inspirion ClickHere

northumbria61 14:34 PM 23 Aug 12

To change taskbar to right hand side of screen - Control Panel - Taskbar & Start Menu - Taksbar & Start Menu Properties - Taskbar location on screen - change to right - click Apply - OK

northumbria61 14:36 PM 23 Aug 12

Caps on/off - There should be a way to activate the on screen indicator. Dell Quick Set is now called Mobility Center. Type Mobility Center in the start box--even just Mobility will work. See if the setting is there. Press the caps lock key then look at the lower right corner of the desktop for a faint icon of a lock. It fades, so you need to check by pressing the key.

northumbria61 14:39 PM 23 Aug 12

Sorry - your query was about showing notifications which has already been answered by Jock1e

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…