Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop

Technotiger 13:57 05 Jun 08

Trying to sort a friends lappie - Is connected to the internet via my own router (wired) but IE cannot/will not open internet pages of any sort. Been trying for about an hour and I am stumped??

Any suggestions, other than throw it out the window??

Technotiger 14:03 05 Jun 08

PS - XP (SP2)

Technotiger 15:01 05 Jun 08

rogerdavis 15:03 05 Jun 08

on your computer and put it on the dell.

crosstrainer 15:12 05 Jun 08

I guess you will have gone through most of these but:

Check Network settings

Check Firewall and Antivirus settings

Open Internet explorer options and choose connections, make sure "Never dial a connection" is checked.

crosstrainer 15:21 05 Jun 08

Also, could check lan drivers on the lappy.

Technotiger 16:15 05 Jun 08

Hi Guys, many thanks to all of you - however, very pleased to say that I was able to sort it in the end. After trying everything you would expect me to check, I finally decided on Firefox - could not get it directly from the lappie, because that was the problem, not being able to open any web pages at all - so belatedly remembering my little usb flash-drive, I put my pre-saved Firefox download, from my own desktop PC, onto it and hey-presto.

I have only just come back to this thread, so had not seen the responses - but thanks again, and yes, rogerdavis, grrreat minds do think alike!!

Cheers :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…