DELL Inspiron 1100 not playing ball ! sugg req pls

Da-B-Man 18:31 31 Mar 09

hi
have a old dell inspiron 1100 laptop.

Constantly flashing orange battery light (which prob tells me the battry has had it...no biggie)

however

since this flashing orange battery light i cannot get the:

-screen to display anything (with mains power)
-no hard drive activity
-no keyboard lights work inc keys

the laptop does actually power on i can hear the fans and see the power LED displayed but there is no HD activity and because the screen doesnt display anything (totally blank) i cannot even see if it has booted into the bios and cannot do anything on the keyboard as no keyboard lights work or the keys.

can anyone shed any light as to what could have gone wrong? Surely a "kaput" battery cant cause multiple things to go wrong with the laptop even on mains power.

It was working fine only last week

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:56 31 Mar 09

Have you tried with the battery removed?

Da-B-Man 19:01 31 Mar 09

thankyou for your reply.

Yes i have tried it with the battery removed also.

still not sure why everything has failed :S

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:27 31 Mar 09

1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.

Da-B-Man 20:36 31 Mar 09

still nothing after trying the above :(

Da-B-Man 14:52 01 Apr 09

bumpyyy

i have opened the laptop taken the keyboard out to check the connector was in place and all other cabless carefully seated but still i cant find the problem

Only other option i have now is to open the screen out...does anybody know how this can be done the "right" way?

Da-B-Man 14:52 01 Apr 09

bumpyyy

i have opened the laptop taken the keyboard out to check the connector was in place and all other cabless carefully seated but still i cant find the problem

Only other option i have now is to open the screen out...does anybody know how this can be done the "right" way?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…