Dell Insipiron 6400 Bluetooth-Moved From Helproom

Jake_027 22:28 23 Oct 06

My friend has a Dell Inspirion 6400 laptop with bluetooth inbuilt but it won't work. When it is switched on using the fn+F2 keys the indicator light comes on but clicking new connection on the bluetooth icon in the taskbar just brings up the message "Bluetooth is not ready." with only an ok option. He says it used to work but stopped about 4 months ago. I don't currently have access to the laptop because I'm no longer at his house but in the meantime, any ideas?

Thanks for the help

Jake

mgmcc 07:50 24 Oct 06

If you look in Device Manager, is the Bluetooth Adapter shown as working properly?

Jake_027 14:55 25 Oct 06

I can't look at it yet because he's still on holiday, but any other ideas to look at before sending it back to Dell.

Ashrich 20:50 25 Oct 06

Could be that the Bluetooth module is trying to use the same IP Address as the wireless network mini pci card ? It can happen ....what are you trying to connect to ?

Ashley

Ashrich 21:47 27 Oct 06

As it was 4 months ago , perhaps a Windows update may have affected it , he should try updating the Bluetooth drivers .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…