Dell Image Expert. Error Opening Database: 2000

TonyK1942 23:55 03 Dec 08

My PC is a Dell Dimension using Windows XP Home Edition.
I store my photos in individual folders in My Documents downloaded from a digital camera.
On opening a folder I get the indiviual photos shown as thumbnails.
A double left click on an individual image gives an error:-
Dell Image Expert. Error opening database 2000: 2000, followed by another message:-
Windows cannot find C:\Document........jpg
After a right click on an individual image I can then open the image using Windows picture and fax viewer.
This is a fairly recent error and in the past I was always able to open an image by a double left click.

MCE2K5 00:15 04 Dec 08

Right click a photo, Open With, Choose Program..., Click on Dell Image Expert (If thats the program you edit with), Put a tick in the box next to "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

lotvic 00:22 04 Dec 08

I don't use 'Dell Image Expert' program but first thought is that it may be just the file association.
Try right clicking on a .jpg and 'open with' and at the bottom 'Choose program'
select the program and then put a tick in the box at the bottom 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file' then click on OK

seems to be a common error click here
you could reinstall it from your cd (you should have got one with pc) or download another prog for free, Irfanview click here is good

lotvic 00:23 04 Dec 08

snap :)

MCE2K5 15:28 04 Dec 08

"Problem solved, thanks for you help TonyK1942."

Thanks for letting us know you are now sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…