Dell extended warranty?

Beba 10:23 01 Sep 04

I'm thinking of getting a Dell laptop. Has anyone any thoughts as to whether it's worth getting the three year extended warranty? (for £234) Having seen Room 101 last night I have doubts!

Also: I have no idea what the difference is between Pro/Wireless 2100 (802.11b) and Pro/Wireless 2200 (802.11b/g) They both cost the same, so can you tell me which one is better?

Thank you for your help...

victor meldrew 11:44 01 Sep 04

Hi there I have a Dell desktop less than 12months old(still under warranty) twice I have e-mailed them for advice still awaiting a reply and that was about 3 months ago,so I would be a bit reluctant to even buy another Dell. But maybe mine is just a one off, someone else on the forum might have had a completely different experience .Victor

rawprawn 12:05 01 Sep 04

I have had a Dell Desktop for over 2 years, it has never been any problem at all, good and reliable. When I needed to get advice from Dell about some registry problem, they solved the problem quickly and efficiently and then rang me back a week later to see if everything was OK. I would buy a Dell and I wouldn't bother with extended warranty. I suppose there is a lot of luck involved, one of my friends recently bought a top of the range Mesh which everybody raved about and had trouble, frankly I would rather have my Dell.

€dstowe 13:32 01 Sep 04

All extended warranties are a waste of money. You have better protection under the law than any that these things give you - that's even if they give you anything at all.

Save your money and buy a printer and a scanner and a webcam and a - - - you get the idea! Something more useful than a scrappy bit of paper with no value whatever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…