dell dimention 3000

markukm 15:38 08 Nov 05

hi there was wondering if anyone could help with a prob i have with my dell dimention 3000
my dell started to crash so as a last result i decided the best thing for nme to do was a format and clean reinstall
i have a xphome disk that was supplyed with my dell with service pack1 on it firstly rebooted pc set in biose to rread and boot with cd
prob im having is it is starting with the bootup disk and starts to load windows when itgets to the point of loading drivers it allways stops at 37%the screen flicks and goes blue and a message comes up re mess.....a problem has been detected and windows shut down to prevent damage to pc
BAD_POOL_CALLER
restart
if prob continues disable or remove hardware/software for any windows updates
disable bios memory options such as shadowing or caching,restart,pressf8 select advanced startup/menu safe mode
the technical info is STOP:0x000000c2(0x0000000070x0008dcd4)0x00340045,0xeio saf fc)
beginning dump of physical memory physicle memory dump complete contact system admin or tech support
so as i do no a few things about pcs im not at all shure what this message means and i do get message everytime please can someone help ty

moore_mat 15:51 08 Nov 05

Hi Markukm

Microsoft reckons that BAD_POOL_CALLER errors could be related to IRQ handling. The best thing would be to try removing any upgrades you have fitted (e.g. new sound card, or new graphics card) since buying the computer and restart the restore process - that way the software will know what to expect when setting back up.

Then once your PC is running again; reinstall the upgrades one at a time until everything is back up again.

Good luck!

M@

moore_mat 15:56 08 Nov 05

P.S. If that doesn't work; it's worth noting you aren't the only Dell user with a similar problem - may be worth calling Dell after reading this:-

click here

M@

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…