Dell Dimension pc's?

bugee 11:06 02 Mar 05

I have a Dell dimension 2400 desktop and have tried to install a Philips DVD R/RW DL Drive and cannot get it to register on my pc, Have been in to bios and it does not register there? The unit has power to it and it is installed in the secondary ide. I have made sure the secondary ide works by reinstalling my old samsung dvd/cdrw and it comes up no problems( all I am trying to do is update my system but the Philips DVD R/RW DL Drive won't appear?
Any ideas??

Unit: Philips PBDV1640B 16X DVD +/-R/RW DL IDE OEM

rawprawn 11:27 02 Mar 05

Can you test the unit on another computer? or worst scenario, you haven't bent a pin putting the lead on have you ? I have a Dell 4300 and I have recently upgraded from the old Samsung with no trouble.

daxian 11:37 02 Mar 05

hi bugee..
have you set the jumper on the back to the same as your old unit..if this is not done you will not get it to work ...just a thought...

bretsky 14:14 02 Mar 05

Set jumper on the drive to cable select and in the bios to auto detect.

I have the Same setup as rawprawn on same model pc with two optical drives, sanmsung and NEC, both work fine in that configuration.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…