Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista

kendor969 13:11 12 Mar 07

I recently purchased a Dell dimension with Vista Home Premium . The computer freezes at random intervals for half a minute to 2 minutes and then continues. Dell have replaced the computer and it exhibits the same symptoms. The event viewer gives the following info "The device,\Device\Ide\iaStor0 did not respond within the timeout period" Event ID 9. Dell support do not seem to have any ideas. I have checked most drivers are upto date. Can anybody help?

Black.Star 13:16 12 Mar 07

I bought a 9200 from Dell a couple of weeks ago, and had a similar problem - I kept getting freezes, but no error messages.

Contacted Dell so many times, but got nowhere with them. I also found the PC to be noisy and the build quality was shocking. Sent it back within the 10 day cooling off period, got a refund and went for a Compaq instead - very quiet and no issues at all.

Michael_R 16:52 12 Mar 07

If you do not get any answers here try putting the error message into google. I did and got this. I don't know if it fits your situation but I guess it is worth a look see. click here

it came from here click here

kendor969 16:35 13 Mar 07

Thanks Michael_R tried that but no luck so will probably follow Black. Star's example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…