Dell Dimension 8100 memory Upgrade

East Stander 11:26 18 Jul 06

I have had this PC for about 4-5 years now and have tried to get some more memory.It came with 256mb Non-Ecc Rdram memory. I have tried Crucial, Kingston and even Dell themselves and all say the 8100 is no longer supported. Looks like I may be stuck but I wondered if anyone here has any suggestions. I'm not 100% how to get the motherboard info without opening up the case, if that is any help to anyone.

Thanks in advance for any replies/help.

MAJ 11:55 18 Jul 06

It's not cheap, East Stander. click here

Belatucadrus 11:56 18 Jul 06

click here Everest will identify the MOBO.
click here for Offteks 8100 RDRAM selection, but prepare for a shock. Even when it was generally available RDRAM was horribly expensive, now it's acquired technological blind alley status it's even worse.

East Stander 12:13 18 Jul 06

Thanks for the help guys. You are right about the price!!
I cannot prove anything but I cannot help thinking that Dell knew this type of memory would become rare and obsolete when I bought the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…