DELL Dimension 4600

Baslla321 19:23 03 Nov 03

I had no audio in my brand new PC, so it was replaced with a supposedly new one which was delivered unsealed and unboxed. What is strange is that normally the above PC's all have 256 RAM; this one has 284!! Also Dells solutions gives me TAG No; yyyyy and an express service number which is different to the one stuck to the outside cabinet.Plus the service Tag number is invalid according to the Dells Database, and I cannot register for Dells Support. Wot do u think??

BurrWalnut 19:27 03 Nov 03

Contact Dell?

christmascracker 19:29 03 Nov 03

Your service tag number wont be recognised on their database at first.

It was around 6 weeks before I could access mine.

brambles 20:42 03 Nov 03

Dell Products
c/o PO Box 69
RG12 1GG

Write to this address which I did when my new computer went in to have a faulty hard disk replaced & came back exactly the same. I knew this because I deleted all personal data before returning but left my old BT dial up network programme installed. It was still on the 'supposedly new hard disk'

They were very apologetic & sent a top man with a new disk & installed it at home.
Send letter recorded delivery

Baslla321 21:04 03 Nov 03

Thanks for the advise. Yes, I will contact Dell I wrote to the local retailer and have not got any reply yet. I am requesting a new sealed PC. I have a feeling that they will try and ignore me.
Tks Rgds

Baslla321 14:20 06 Nov 03

They tried to pull a fast one and I got them!! They came running and replaced my PC. The third time...lucky?! that it had to be changed. The first PC was without audio.
Again thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…