Dell Dimension 2400 problem-display

bruno 20:45 25 Jan 08

I was helping my friend to reinstall XP home on his Dell PC using their recovery disc.Afterwards I installed XP2 updates.At the end the PC said that the screen resolution was too high and did we want it to correct it automatically.When we said yes,nothing happened and on trying to do it by hand, through settings, nothing responded.Tried all the ways I have used in the past,no joy. In device manager there is no monitor listed and there are four yellow Question marks.I suspect he has not produced all the discs that came with the PC,and that the video or something similar is not installed.I brought it round to my place and started from scratch using my monitor with the same results.
I wonder if somebody out there has the same PC and can tell me which discs to use.

Ikelos 20:52 25 Jan 08

if it is any help the drivers can be got from the Dell web site..

bruno 22:02 25 Jan 08

Thanks for that,
I was looking at their website,but I am not really sure which one I need.Hopefully someone will have the same PC and will be able to point me in the right direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009