Dell Dimension 2350 & WinXP Probs

Giggle n' Bits 01:01 05 Sep 05

My Brother pc & with me both sat through reisntalling Windows xp because the pc was booting to one of them Blue n' White umountable boot volume error screens.

The Format and install for the XP Files was fine but the reboot before the main process the system just hung and monitor went into standby. So after hitting the Enter key it sort of woke up and after having a think carried on the process of installing windows.

But now each boot up it gives you 2 options to boot into windows XP which I know it shouldn't.

Is this a HDD Problem or anyone any ideas.

Also noticed when it sort of feel asleep the Green Power light and CD drive where the Dell Reovery CD was flickered on and off as if the power was on & off.

Also on another attmept to try the above keyboard error came into the fault log in bios. Tried another straght keyboard.

Weired problem, help again please.

rawprawn 08:30 05 Sep 05

Try doing a system file scan. Start/Run type sfc /scannow (Watch the space after sfc) You will need your XP Disc.
The green light does flicker on and off as it is reading the cd.

rawprawn 08:36 05 Sep 05

click here this may be worth a read.

Giggle n' Bits 12:04 05 Sep 05

when installing XP Clean using the Dell Restore Disk on a rebbot just after format the computer goes straight into Idle and standby only by tapping on a Key only the Enter/Return key wakes the system.

It is impossible to correctly install the windows without dual booting options. Editing the dual Boot takes out 4 - 6 GB's of the HDD partition to a hidden folder. I found another site that told me this.

There is a faulty component in the system but the HDD is fine as other HDD has been tried but yet to try FDD, CD Wtr Combi,

Giggle n' Bits 13:41 05 Sep 05

say Thanks to rawprawn.

Tried the above and still after it goes into standby Logging errors seems to point to Keyboard error. Maybe Motherboard is faulty.

FDD, HDD & CD Drive now tested just a power supply then I suspect Motherboard has some fault due to recent bad electrical storm even though computer has a fully functioning Surge Protector fitted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…