Dell computer problem

JKAM 14:50 06 Apr 06

I know this is silly but I have been given an old Dimension XPS 233 Dell computer and I cannot see how to get the case open without breaking it, any ideas?

Curio 14:56 06 Apr 06

I have a Dimension 4550. My case has a couple of clips on the bottom and opens like a suitcase. Has arrows to indicate which side you have topside. (Arrows point Upwards). Hope this helps

Confab 15:00 06 Apr 06

The service manual in available online at
click here

Totally-braindead 15:01 06 Apr 06

I had to fix someones Dell last year and I too struggled to get the case off. It too was opened by pushing a couple of clips in at the bottom and pulling the front panel off from the bottom, once that was off the side panels then slid off to the front, and it took a bit of force too. Have to say though that this is the only Dell I have worked on myself and don't know if all their cases are the same.

ventanas 15:54 06 Apr 06

I have 22 Dells here and all open up by pressing a lever at the back. The side then just falls away. Pressing another lever on the inside releases the front panel. There has probably been a number of different methods over the years.

JKAM 00:21 07 Apr 06

Confab did it, it's all in the manual, many thanks to you all for your time and consideration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…