Dell Computer Photo Handling

490 00:17 13 Feb 03

I have been helping a nieghbour set up her new Dell computer running Windows XP. Now progressing
onto putting her CD photos onto disc. I find that when using the Windows photo program and selecting a photograph, up comes a Dell photo program and not the windows one that I expected. Also a 60 day time expiry time was indicated.
This seems to be bad practice to auto override the basic Windows program. Does anyone know how I can make the windows Photo program the default one.
Alf

beeuuem 02:19 13 Feb 03

To change which program starts when you open a file

In My Computer or Windows Explorer, on the View menu, click Folder Options.
Click the File Types tab.
In the list of file types, click the one you want to change.eg '.jpg'
Click Edit.
In Actions, click Open.
Click Edit.
In Application used to perform action, enter the program you want to use to open files that have this extension (you can use the browse function to locate the '.exe' file to locate the programme you want to use) , and then click OK. I take it that you want to use the 'Picture and Fax viewer'
I'm not on XP so I can't give you a location of this, though I think it is in the Windows folder.

Patr100 11:11 13 Feb 03

It's easier in XP - just select a picture file type that you want to associate and then right click - select the "open with" option - choose program then "always open" with this program.

490 00:38 14 Feb 03

Thanks both of you Problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…