dell comp-modem problem

holly polly 23:27 19 Aug 03

hi brother just aquired a dell comp ,formatted and reinstalled win me ,now unable to connect to internet -no modem installed ,checked in device manager and the yellow warning logo is there and says "pci connection device inoperative -is this the modem?and does it require a driver ?,the modem is a ham type i have sent dell a email but as yet unproductive ,any body know how i can identify the internal modem and when i do where can i get the drivers from?,must add the comp is quite a old one a pentium 667 -first comp for his little girl -so all answers would be greatfully recieved on all accounts -a big thankyou -hol pol...

woody 23:37 19 Aug 03

You should have a dell disc with drivers on it.
If not try the dell site.
What is a ham?

Terrahawk 23:37 19 Aug 03

do you know the model name of the machine and what os

smegs 00:56 20 Aug 03

I have a Dell disk with modem drivers on. Let me know what modem it is & I'll sell U the driver. Terrahawk, Read the thread, it's WIN ME!! ;-)))

Giggle n' Bits 01:20 20 Aug 03

and go for update driver then navigate to the Folder on the CD and it will pick up the needed driver for your modem.

If you have access to another PC to get online got to click here and go for "Fix my Dell" you will need the "Service Tag" number from rear of PC on a Bar Code, or shown in BIOS screen.

You will also need Cookies enabled and you security levels lowered to access the Dell site for your modem drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…