Dell C600 Laptop.....USB / PMCIA SLot

bantam1982 12:37 13 Jun 06

Hi All...

Hope some one can help me here....I have a C600 laptop which I have been using quite happily for ages....until my usb port started playing up....then it eventually broke...

...Anyway I decided that I would put a pmcia slot 2 usb ports instead of getting mine fixed...however it doesn't recognise my usb broadband modem ?

All it does is put out an 'unknown devise' on my devise manager and my modem doesn't work...

..I have taken it to a shop who all want £50 before even looking at it....which I am not prepared to spend !

rmcqua 12:45 13 Jun 06

Have you loaded any driver software you may have for the modem onto the PC?

bantam1982 13:01 13 Jun 06

Yeah tried all that....it just won't recognise the pmcia card as a usb port......I am at my whits end with it as I can't get on the internet via broadband, I have taken it to a pc shop and they have said - its a dell ! and that they wouldn't touch it as they would have to charge me and they wouldn't guarentee they could fix it !!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:26 13 Jun 06

1st what operating system are you using?

2nd if win 98 / ME then you will need drivers for the PCMCIA card to be recognised.

bantam1982 16:28 13 Jun 06

I have it on XP - I have just installed SP2 too to see if that helps....

..By all accounts dell are notoriously bad for this !...........great !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…