Dell blocking OME Software

raysophie 07:51 28 Apr 04

Have purchased Dell laptop with bundled software when I have tried to use this to update my desk top it says 'not Dell computer' as I have paid for this software I feel I should be able to use it on my other machine as this will keep them the same. Any suggestions?

Gongoozler 07:54 28 Apr 04

Bundled software is often locked to the make of machine it is sold with. The Nero software that came with my cd-rw will only work with that make of cd-rw.

Diodorus Siculus 08:06 28 Apr 04

An office I once worked in had a series of HPVectra mchines with Office97 - the CDs with office would only work on the specific machines that they came with.

Does the software licence say that it is OEM? If so, then it was sold only to be used with specific hardware. You did not buy the software, only the right to use it in accordance with the EULA.

ventanas 08:49 28 Apr 04

Diodorus Siculus is right. As this is OEM software it can only be used with the hardware it was supplied with. You have not bought the software. You have paid for a licence to use it with the computer with which it was supplied, and only that computer.

Sorry but there is nothing you can do, except purchase additional licences.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…