Dell battery wont charge

naineysman 18:31 15 Nov 06

Folks, did the Dell battery recall recently all went smooth. (inspiron 9300)Usually I run the bat down once a week but on this occassion the battery won't change from 1% charged. Orange light flashes on the Laptop case. laptop only works when plugged in to charger. Suspect this new battery has died? (4 months old?)

Sent Dell email but wondered if I was doing something wrong in the bat config area?

N

gel 17:46 24 Feb 07

Hello naineysman.
I have the same problem with my dell inspiron 1300 lap top.The battery has died 7 months old.
Did you get a response from dell or any other advice.
Mine also works when plugged into mains
Cheers
gel

naineysman 23:16 26 Feb 07

Hi Gel, actually just discovered in the last week that the battery is not as good a fit as the original.

On a flat surface the battery 'foot' must be pushing up unevenly causing the terminals to part. Tried charging the laptop upside down and pushing the bat home a little and all went well. bit of a pain but once charged it does not pose an issue. Its all very strange.

Solution is to keep battery above 10% and if not charge upside down. How wierd is that. Give it a try.

N

gel 07:04 27 Feb 07

Hi naineysman,
Thank you very much for your comment.
It sounds strange but I will give it a try.
I think I shall lie on my back with the lap top above me upside down suspended from the ceiling.
You did well to find a solution
Cheers
gel

gel 15:45 06 Mar 07

Hi naineysman,
I complained to dell about my battery and received a replacement F.O.C.
In fact they were very helpful and although I have only had the new battery for the last 3 hours all seems fine
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…