Dell Battery Recall from 1st April 2004 !!!

skidzy 20:18 31 Aug 06

Apologies if this has been covered before.

A few months ago i bought a Dell Inspiron 6400 that came with Dell support preinstalled.Tonight i received an alert regarding some of there laptop batteries are faulty.

Basically i thought i would make PCA members aware that if they own one of the faulty batteries,they can claim a new battery free.

If you purchased a Dell laptop between 1st April 2004 and 18th July 2006 read this click here and check your battery.

Skidzy

Kate B 20:19 31 Aug 06

My iBook is eligible for the battery exchange, too - I've sent off for one.

jimv7 20:19 31 Aug 06
  skidzy 20:23 31 Aug 06

Cheers jimv7, i didnt know anything about it untill the alert tonight.Luckily im not affected,but others may well be.
Thanks again.

Jackcoms 21:09 31 Aug 06

Just out of interest, which planet have you been living on for the past two weeks or so?

This story (Dell recalls 4+ million laptop batteries) was done to death about mid-August in the newspapers, on TV, on the radio as well as in this Forum!

User-312386 21:22 31 Aug 06

calm down, he/she may have been on holiday etc etc

De Marcus™ 21:23 31 Aug 06

Perhaps skidzy is from the planet that didn't have time (or more important things to do, like butter his bread) to scan the forums or catch the news on the day it was announced or thereafter.

The Dell battery recall wan't THAT big a story, was it?

skidzy 21:24 31 Aug 06

Planet Turkey Jackcoms ! On Holiday ....Tonight is the first ive heard or read about the problem.

Jackcoms 21:27 31 Aug 06

I don't need to calm down - I'm not upset - just amazed.

I repeat "was done to death about mid-August in the newspapers, on TV, on the radio as well as in this Forum".

Even people on holiday read newspapers, see TVs and listen to radios, don't they?

De Marcus™ 21:28 31 Aug 06

Not when I'm on holiday! ;-)

skidzy 21:33 31 Aug 06

If your trying to insult me Jackcoms,you need to do better than that.

I do not have to justify to you or anyone what i have or havn't read or seen.

Maybe i was on Holiday to get away from the Press/radio/computers....!

I was simply made aware of this problem tonight and thought others may be interested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5