Dell "Back Up failed" message

hallgreen 08:42 17 Oct 10

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Dell Inspiron lap top and keep getting the message "the last back up did not complete successfully" It trys to back up to the E drive on the comp which has 9 GB free from the C drive which is 135 GB. I'm not a computer expert but does the back up have to be as big as the main drive and therefore there is no room or does is compress so the problem may be something else?

Many thanks

The Kestrel 10:24 17 Oct 10

It is very likely that there is insufficient space for your back up available. Backing up on the same hard drive is not usually recommended as if the hard drive fails you loose both your original and back up files. You would be better buying a external hard drive which you can connect to your laptop and save the back up there, where it can be accessed if your hard drive fails.

hallgreen 15:31 17 Oct 10

Thanks. That's helpful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…