Dell Axim X51V emails

barberosm 17:13 PM 12 Sep 11

Yes you did read it correctly - I HAVE acquired an Axim X51V. I did have a Tungsten E which died. I didn't want a smartphone and a tablet was too big. PDAs have gone and although the Axims are no longer in production, I was able to get one from Tottenham Court Road. It does everything i want it to, but will not get my emails from Talktalk. It complains I have not got javascript. Can anyone help? barberosm

mgmcc 19:58 PM 12 Sep 11

Not having javascript suggests that you're trying to access web-based mail. Does the device have an email application that supports POP3 mail?

You might get more help in the dedicated Windows Mobile / Pocket PC forums at PDA Street.

morddwyd 21:03 PM 12 Sep 11

I've still got a couple of these in a drawer somewhere.

I assume you're trying to get your e-mails via a wifi link.

The synching on the Axim is dire.

I never managed to synch mine through about three years of ownership.

barberosm 23:24 PM 12 Sep 11

panic over, chaps. I have managed to get emails. Not quite sure how, but it didn't need javascript - I just set up a pop3 account and it worked. Thanks to all who considered my prob and those who contributed. barberosm

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites