Dell Axim X51V emails

barberosm 17:13 PM 12 Sep 11

Yes you did read it correctly - I HAVE acquired an Axim X51V. I did have a Tungsten E which died. I didn't want a smartphone and a tablet was too big. PDAs have gone and although the Axims are no longer in production, I was able to get one from Tottenham Court Road. It does everything i want it to, but will not get my emails from Talktalk. It complains I have not got javascript. Can anyone help? barberosm

mgmcc 19:58 PM 12 Sep 11

Not having javascript suggests that you're trying to access web-based mail. Does the device have an email application that supports POP3 mail?

You might get more help in the dedicated Windows Mobile / Pocket PC forums at PDA Street.

morddwyd 21:03 PM 12 Sep 11

I've still got a couple of these in a drawer somewhere.

I assume you're trying to get your e-mails via a wifi link.

The synching on the Axim is dire.

I never managed to synch mine through about three years of ownership.

barberosm 23:24 PM 12 Sep 11

panic over, chaps. I have managed to get emails. Not quite sure how, but it didn't need javascript - I just set up a pop3 account and it worked. Thanks to all who considered my prob and those who contributed. barberosm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off