Dell Advertisement

carper 10:18 25 Oct 07

Every time I visit this web site I get a full screen advert for Dell computers when I close down ,as it seems to be lurking in the background. Is there any way to get rid of this. I am running XP Home SP2 and have a range of pop up blockers and the usual AVG,Spybot,Spyware blaster,etc. but nothing seems to move it. Any Ideas ??? Thanks Carper

spuds 10:44 25 Oct 07

What browser are you using, and how do you close the page?.

If using IE7
use IE7pro
click here
Firefox normal pop up blocker should work if not try adblock plus and a filterset
click here
I sometimes use IE in tab firefox this is the only time i see it but its normally only once per session?
hopefully someone may have an answer for IE tab

carper 11:40 26 Oct 07

Hi spuds. I use Firefox and the advert appears when I close the page with the red cross at the top.
I have downloaded the Firefox addd-on from Raven and will see what happens. I;m not sure whether the instruction will work as I can't see a banner advert to click on.
Thanks for your replies, Carper

bretsky 17:41 26 Oct 07

You need to install this ad-on for F/F at click here
and in that way YOU get to choose what scripts run on your web pages, simple to use and fully customizable.

bretsky ;0)

carper 14:14 27 Oct 07

Thanks for your replies. I have now downloaded the two links you provided and it appears that it has worked although I don't know which one. I suppose I should have tried them individually

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5