Dell™ 2407WFP Flat Panel Monitor - Green Ghosting

powerless 20:22 21 Jun 06

This arrived today, connected up via DVI, updated Monitor drivers [from plug and play] and also updated my ATI x800 Pro Graphic drivers.

The graphics card does support the 1920x1200 res that the monitor can handle.

When I move something over a white background, I see 'green ghosting' folowing the movement, very little mind you but noticebale.

Likewise if I move a window then I can see the ghosting.

However, if I play a game then I do not appear to see it. The same goes for playing DVD's!

I've swapped the DVI cables and it's still the same.

I've played about with the settings, brightness etc and I would say there was actually a difference but the ghosting still seems to be present.

When I scroll webpages it's also ghosting, but it depends what is displayed on the screen.

In WMP 10 when I scroll down my library, the ghosting is no where to be seen.

I have changed the res. and ghosting is still there.

Is this a return job or anyone got any ideas?

Taff™ 02:22 22 Jun 06

Interesting monitor Powerless! I found this review - check page two out. click here

And the link to the solutions offered click here

Dell Support any good?

vinnyT 11:05 22 Jun 06

Good links Taff™, thanks.

Powerless, I'm thinking of getting this model later in the year (or until something else catches my eye), so thanks for the post. I would be interested in your opinion after you've used it a while, good or bad, also wether you get your prob sorted out.

I did read that the monitor comes with a 3yr next day swap, could you use this if you're still not satisfied with your screens performance and try another one?

powerless 20:20 25 Jun 06

DELL are replacing it :-D

But apart from the problem mentioned, it's GREAT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinnyT 10:37 27 Jun 06

Thanks for the update, I'll prob get one.

Also, nice to see the warrenty works.

chief_okemos 15:41 02 Jul 06

I have a 2405FPW and, now, have had 2 versions
of the 2407WFP (A00 and A02 revisions).

Green Ghosting:

Especially noticeable to me when scrolling black text on white background. The characters in motion seem to take on a green glow as do horizontal black lines (disabling antialiasing in win XP or using either standard or ClearType has no effect either way).

Seen in all 3 modes (desktop, gaming, and multimedia) on the 2407 A00 model.

Seen in gaming and multimedia modes on the 2407 A02 model, but not in the desktop mode. In the desktop mode, the ghosting is red instead of green :(

No ghosting at all on the 2405FPW.

Banding:

Seen in all 3 modes (desktop, gaming, and multimedia) on the 2407 A00 model.

Seen in gaming and multimedia modes on the 2407 A02 model, but not in the desktop mode.

Not seen on the 2405FPW.

I do not use these monitors for gaming, For my uses I prefer the 2405FPW. So far, the 2407WFP is a step backwards in quality from the 2405FPW, even with the A02 revision.

In Dell's favor, the warranty service was excellent.

vinnyT 19:27 03 Jul 06

Thanks chief_okemos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…