Dell 17" TFT Flat screen E173FP

Anelize 17:00 03 Sep 05

Is the Dell 17" tft flat screen E173FP a good reasonably priced screen which will enable me to watch occasional video's or video clips, play odd games, but mainly for use with general programmes i.e. word, photgraphic programmes etc. Also can anyone explain about DVI connection and how would I know if it was compataible with my computer.

DieSse 17:21 03 Sep 05

An old, but presumably still valid review here click here

A stement that videos were still smeared would suggest it's not so good for videos.

If you look around I'm sure you could do better than this review suggests.

Budget monitors by Acer, Benq, LG are all ggod buys - look for a response time of 12mS or less.

DVI = Digital Video Interface is an alternative method of sending the signal from your computer to the monitor, avoiding some conversion circuits for theoretically better pictures. In practice most people can't tell the difference in most cases.

In order to use DVI, both you computer and the monitor must have a DVI connector. Most DVI monitors also have a standard VGA connector too. The connector is usually white, and is a bit longer than a standard VGA connector with many more pins/sockets on it. If you have a seperate graphic card, you won't be able to miss it - and it'll be right next to the standard VGA connector.

The Reiver 19:53 03 Sep 05

I've had a Dell 17" TFT flat screen E172 FPi for a year - its a good all rounder and i consider it value for money

The Kestrel 17:03 05 Sep 05

If you are interested in buying the above Dell monitor go to Aria

click here

They have them on their specials list at present.

Anelize 20:36 11 Sep 05

Thank you for all your help on my query - it has been a great help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…