Delivery manager has encountered a problem

ian-inhome 20:54 02 Jan 08

Channel 4 on demand
I have downloaded and installed the program that is supposed to allow you to watch any recent channel 4 television programs. The installation appeared to go without any problems... I can go to the channel 4 site select the program I wish to view. If I select stream (view now) I get the error message “Delivery manager has encountered a problem and needs to close” I am then returned to the desktop. If I select download (to view later) I get the error message “KHost.exe application error Application has generated an exception that could not be handled - click ok to terminate -click cancel to debug” either way I am returned to the desktop.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program
I am using Windows xP pro operating system.
Any ideas please.

could it be firewall/antispyware or av blocking the process?
least this will bump you up the list a bit for further suggestions.

ian-inhome 11:05 03 Jan 08

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried disabling antivirus / firewall etc. without success.
I tried googling for Khost exe and I can find information for what it is for and how to disable it but nothing that seems to help.

ian-inhome 20:37 04 Jan 08

I decided to reformat my C drive partition as it had built up numerous junk on it. I copied thing I wanted to keep to other partitions on the hard drive. I downloaded XP sp3 then using the program on the recent PCA DVD (slipstream) slipstreamed it with my Xp installation cd. I then reinstalled xp, and the only update I needed to do was 1 security update, after I upgraded to windows media player 11. As the original on the installation cd was wmp9 I then reinstalled the ch4 download program which completed without problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…