Delivery Failures to aol.com e-mail addresses

cornwall 23:23 25 Jul 07
  Miros 23:35 25 Jul 07

My ISP is AOL and I received plenty of mail today also I have just sent a test mail via my Google mail address and it arrived in seconds.

cornwall 23:38 25 Jul 07

Just to update
This is not a continual occurrence, and does not always happen. It is an inconvenience as the responses do not appear for several days, and I can find no way of contacting AOL through their website, as I am not an AOL customer

Miros 23:39 25 Jul 07

Your second link has the answer you have been blocked by the other end.

The only thing you can do now is phone them, or write using snail mail and ask them to unblock you.

Stuartli 23:44 25 Jul 07

It could be a number of things.

Are you Replying to messages from friends on AOL?

If so, you may need to use the From field's drop down menu on the e-mail message panel to choose your own ISP's e-mail address if you have more than one e-mail account.

You may be making a very slight error in the AOL e-mail addresses.

AOL's Help pages state:

Service unavailable or SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection
The information presently available to AOL indicates this server is being used to transmit unsolicited e-mail to AOL. Based on AOL's Unsolicited Bulk E-mail policy at click here AOL cannot accept further e-mail transactions from this server or domain. Please have your ISP/ASP or server admin call AOL at 1-703-265-4670, or visit click here for more information.

This applies, of course, to e-mails being received by AOL subscribers.

Stuartli 23:45 25 Jul 07

This is the AOL page I visited:

click here

Miros 23:55 25 Jul 07

"You may be making a very slight error in the AOL e-mail addresses."

Wouldn't this result in a 'Demon mailer' response (if that's the correct term)

Cornwall, Reading that second link again, are you trying to send a very large file, which may be treated as bulk mail and rejected. The other end may have set a limit. If so try sending a small test mail.

cornwall 22:48 26 Jul 07

Miros

No file attachments; just small e-mails

Cheers

Miros 23:49 26 Jul 07

I had a problem sending to a relative in Australia which for a number of years had been fine, then I got similar messages as you,
(basically undeliverable) Spoke to his wife via email and she sent me his new address.
Eventually spoke to him via my P2P phone and he could tell me he had become overwhelmed with spam. Since this was also a business e-mail he decided to scrub it and get a new ISP and address.

Could be something like that has happened with your contact, though I note you did say friends. (plural?)

My AOL is still coming in hard and fast! Another thought has crossed my mind do they live in the areas effected by floods? I think in these areas I heard that communications are out. Glad to say we are clear of that problem here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…