delfolders.exe problem

IMAGEDKTR1 16:15 16 Aug 03

hi there,i have started to experience a startup problem while running winxp home. on startup the process gets as far as the welcome screen then there is a "thunk" sound and as windows continues to load i get this error mesage.
cannot find c:\windows\system32\tools\delfolders.exe please use start search to locate the folder yourself.
what is this delfolders.exe ? and if it is not required at startup how do i disable it?
thank you

Barrie_G 16:23 16 Aug 03

Can't find it on my xp home machine, though a quick search on google seems to link it mainly with virus's or spyware.

bof:) 17:03 16 Aug 03

try running ad aware click here

mike

IMAGEDKTR1 17:26 16 Aug 03

thanks for both responses, the pc in question is not nor ever has been attached to the internet in its life, it has no modem and is just a workhorse for graphics work so i doubt very much if its spyware or even a virus come to that as its been running only 7 diff programmes that have been on it since its first start up 18 months ago.

IMAGEDKTR1 23:26 19 Aug 03

its been a while if anyone out there has any ideas at all apart from chucking delfolders.exe into a search engine and copying response it would be appreciated
thanks

powerless 23:38 19 Aug 03

Start > Run > Type:

msconfig

Click ok and then go to STARTUP up at the top. Remove the ticks from everything and restart the machine. If the message no longer appears, one the programs that are set to start when windows loads is cauing the problem. One by one add a tick back to see which one is casuing your message.

If nothing chnages and you still get the message post back.

jazzypop 23:39 19 Aug 03

I chucked it into Google and came up with this link - click here - that tells you how to locate it on your drive. This should give you a good clue as to which application / driver it belongs to, especially if you right-click the file and choose Properties.

Then at this link - click here - there is a poritive identification of the file as being part of the VIA driver files. click here for the latest VIA drivers.

I hope this is OK for you.

jazzypop 23:40 19 Aug 03

poritive = positive (at least, it does on my keyboard after another 14-hour shift at work).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…