deleting XP users

callingman 19:13 16 Mar 04

I am using XP Pro and have created a user to experiment with. My initial in fact only, account has admin rights, the new account had the limited rights. Now I come to delete it I get the message that this user does not dbelong to the local group. I've checked its' group through sys management and it looks ok but I cannot delet it. Any thoughts out there

Djohn 19:28 16 Mar 04

Are you first signing on as the "Administrator"? You will need to do this then you should be able to delete the account from "Control panel" j.

callingman 19:32 16 Mar 04

How do I sign in as Administrator? That is not one of the log in options

Djohn 19:54 16 Mar 04

When you first log in to your system, are you also the "Administrator"? If so then logging on as yourself should give you full rights to change accounts.

Have you been to Control panel then clicked on user accounts/change accounts? That will be the way to do it. If you have tried this method please post back and someone with a little more knowledge on this will advise. j.

callingman 19:59 16 Mar 04

I originaly didn't have to log in with my own account, went straight to desktop. I've checked my proper account and it says that it has admin right. I was in this account when I created the 'test' account through Control Panel so I'm at a loss to see why I can't delete that test account

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…