Deleting web pages from the www

Scoundrel 21:49 14 Dec 04

Hi,
This is my current website: click here but before that it was click here

Using FrontPage 2002 how do I make so that the old, redundant page no longer appears on the internet?

Thanks in advance - Sc

Forum Editor 00:15 15 Dec 04

use FTP to delete the original page from the server, os alow FrontPage to overwrite the pages that are currently there when you publish the new versions.

Scoundrel 06:50 15 Dec 04

because of the way this forum displays URLs, it is harder to explain what I have done. I didn't like the fact tho old page's URL ended with home.htm so I opened it with FP2002 and then did a save as with the URL ending of eahorc.htm. I then did a publish and since then both pages have been out there.

As time as worn on the older page has become out of gate and I want to remove it lest people stumble upon it (via google etc)and end up in a dead end.

I guess I can do this with FP2002, but I don't want to try without some guidance in case I delete everything I have made. Of all the progs I use, FP is the one that always scares me the most!!

Scoundrel 19:08 15 Dec 04

Thanks. Done that.

I can delete the old page easily enough from my folders, But how do I remove it from the internet?

Judging by the billions of dead sites out there on the www, this is something that a lot of people do not know how to do or cannot be bothered with!

Scoundrel 17:09 16 Dec 04

My default page IS click here, the home.htm is something I chose myself (I know, very lame!)

So eahorc.htm and home.htm are both pages that I created and chose a name for, and - following your advice - they are now both the same, I just want to make it so that home.htm is removed from everywhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…