deleting video files once final rendering is done

kenwyn 08:58 30 Mar 04

Hi

I am currently trying to edit 5 years worth of DV files using a 30 day trial of Adobe Premiere. I have loads of small video files, some of which have been edited together and rendered into mini movies (microsoft AVI files). Once this final rendering has been done, can I now delete the individual files, and go on to compile a DVD using the AVI files as the source, or do the AVI files reference back to the original video & audio files?

xania 09:26 30 Mar 04

If you are not sure, you can always move the individual files to another location and see if your new file still works. If it does, and it probably does, you can safely delete the originals.

stlucia 13:53 30 Mar 04

I use Pinnacle to download my .avi files from the camera (not the same, I believe, as the Microsoft .avi files you're creating), then render them into MPEG format. The MPEG files are then used to create my DVDs. Once the rendering is complete, I can (and sometimes do) delete the original .avi files to create more space (I keep the original tapes).

So, I'm sure you can delete them. But xania's suggestion is a good one to check it out first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009