deleting URL's from IE

Magik ®© 12:13 10 May 05

hi,CCleaner does not delete them, and I seem to have them for every letter of the alphabet, so i had a search around and it seems you have to go into the registry :-( anyway, i went into..HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Internet Explorer

but all there is,is a logo with (ab) in it and the word "default" anyone know where they are.

gudgulf 13:01 10 May 05

Check your Auto Complete settings.In IE go to Tools>Internet Settings>Content and click on Auto will be able to see what IE helpfully keeps lists of.You could also give MRU blaster a try click here to get rid of all recently used lists.Lastly just check the settings in Ccleaner to make sure all the items you want to get rid of are ticked.

octal 13:05 10 May 05

I'm wondering if it might be picking old junk in your index.dat file, you can't delete that normally, but try this program: click here

Magik ®© 13:08 10 May 05

thanks for that, you have sorted it.nice one.

Magik ®© 13:10 10 May 05

thanks, you may well be right, I will have a look at the download.......thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…