Deleting typed URL`s

I have Win98SE and IE6.I have been trying to delete unwanted URL`s from the IE address bar,but without success.My method is :- Click Start/Run/Regedit/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Typed URLs.Clicking the last entry I get in the RHS panel Name:default and Data:value not set.Not a URL in sight.How do I input the info necessary to show them and thus able to delete them?Any help most welcome.

MichelleC 14:06 18 Oct 03

If you 'Clear History' in Tools/Internet Options/General this should clear them.

If only it was as simple as that Michelle C.It doesn`t.

bowman 17:27 18 Oct 03

I don't use IE6 so not sure if this will help. Have a read here:

History still there!............

click here

There are several links in the postings for soft ware that may help. (Worth a look maybe)

Hope this helps.

Djohn 17:53 18 Oct 03

In IE 6 from the general page, click on delete file as well as clear history. This usually does it. j.

Kitz E Kat 17:55 18 Oct 03

In IE Tools>Internet Options>Auto Complete, is that what you at?

That stops the option of it prompting you with a list of possible URL's as your typing an address, or you trying to kill all IE history?

recap 18:10 18 Oct 03

If it is just the odd one then try highlighting the URL and pressing the delete key.

Joanne_1 18:18 18 Oct 03

Your looking in the wrong place, start off with HKEY_USERS then follow on as you already had.
This way you can delete one url at a time instead of the whole lot.

Used a program called Spider.Seems to have done the job.Thanks to everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…