Deleting Temporary Files

goll_y 01:04 06 Jun 03

A really simple question I'm sure but how do you delete temporary files?

jbaker65 11:19 06 Jun 03

Hi, I'm surprised no-one has answered you. just click on the unwanted file and press delete key OR right click on the file and then click on delete in the pop up menu. they will go to the recycle bin in case you decide you want them again. This bin can be emptied any time after that. good luck, John.

Wes Tam ;-) 11:41 06 Jun 03

goll_y to get to the files open Windows Explorer>Hard(C)>Windows>Temp

rawprawn 11:45 06 Jun 03

I wondered if you might also mean temperary internet files, if so go to Internet Options & in the general tab Delete Files

leo49 11:53 06 Jun 03

click here

Do you need of these running?

leo49 11:54 06 Jun 03

insert 'BOTH' after need . :o)

Uncle Den 12:40 06 Jun 03

To look for my tempory files I went into "Search / all files and folders" and looked for filename *.tmp

This gave me a list so long (of all my tempory files) that I didn't know where to start - but it gave a jolly good indication of where to look for them with Explorer.

Actually, I wondered if it would be safe to delete them all, irrespective of what they were - but couldn't be sure that I wouldn't be throwing out babies with the bathwater.

One tip, if you want to delete tempory files in large selected chunks from "Search" - wait until it's finished searching before you do so or you could start a log-jam.

I hope this naive comment may help - or prompt somebody to correct me for any errors....

Stuartli 12:45 06 Jun 03

If you go to Add/Remove>Settings you can choose to delete Temporary files - it is done when you boot up next time.

Uncle Den 16:13 13 Jun 03

If Add/Remove seems to do the trick, perhaps you should go to Search for all files and folder, filenames *.tmp afterwards just to make sure none are left.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…