deleting of temp files (crash related)

beakie99 22:35 27 Mar 04

keeps crashing whilst playing games. same temp file:c/docume~1/dan/locals~1/temp/wer1... was suggested that i delete all my temp files, how do i do this the correct way? Running xp pro, system has been stable recently, just went crazy.

any help would be welcome.

powerless 22:37 27 Mar 04

Start, Run, Type:

%temp%

Click OK.

Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Disk Cleanup

beakie99 22:41 27 Mar 04

thanks!!

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:42 27 Mar 04

sorry, not using XP. I think if you go start - search - files and folders and then search for *.tmp this will bring up all temporary files, highlight hte top one, scroll down and press shift and click the bottom one so they are all highlighted, right click and click delete.

Don't know how effective this is for what you need so maybe try a trial version of cybersrub (a google searchshould find it)

beakie99 22:47 27 Mar 04

typed %temp% it has opened the : c/docume~1temp folder which is packed full of folders and files. how do ilocate the problem. what is safe to delete?

beakie99 23:01 27 Mar 04

found the exact file that is showing in error report. what is it : c/docume~1/dan/locals~1/temp/wer1.temp.dir00/sysdata.xml what is this xml? can i safely delete it?

tasslehoff burrfoot 00:04 28 Mar 04

you can safely delete all the temp files.

hugh-265156 00:13 28 Mar 04

duplicate thread click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…