deleting system restore points

patso 20:46 22 Sep 04

can i delete system restore points one at a time or can i only delete all but the latest restore point as i read in a computer mag that you can delete the earliest points one at a can you do this.any help thanhs.

SANTOS7 20:48 22 Sep 04

click here this will help good luck

VoG II 20:52 22 Sep 04
  patso 20:59 22 Sep 04

ithanks for your quick reply but is that the only way of deleting them or can you delete them one at a time as i knew how to use that tool but might need certain restose points.

patso 21:04 22 Sep 04

also my ststem restore takes up 12 % of my HD 4703 mb of space is this too much thanks again

User-312386 21:10 22 Sep 04

if the computer is running fine now, turn off system restore then turn it back on again

You will have then deleted all points and now have one point at the moment

SANTOS7 21:15 22 Sep 04

Adjust System Restore Disk Usage

By default, System Restore is given 12% of your hard disk space when you install Windows XP. Change amount: Right click my computer icon, properties. System Restore Tab, Settings.

How and Where System Restore Points are saved:

Restore points are saved in under x:\system volume information\_restore{558C94FD-3C7F-4954-A02D-
26679E6D849E}. Each restore point's files are saved in a folder named RPXX where XX is a two digit number
corresponding to the restore point
the only way i can see to delete individual restore points is to go into the above mentioned file and manually delete them but exactly how you do that i'm not sure

patso 21:22 22 Sep 04

many thanks for the quick replys from all who answered my querys.Its good to know theres always someone on this site willing to help a novice.many thanks and hope im not a pain in the a** with all my querys

fsbb 21:38 22 Sep 04

I clicked Santos7 link and the sight dumped a trojen horse 'dropper.funweb.a' on my PC. Luckily AVG picked it up immediately.

patso 13:06 23 Sep 04

how would the link drop a trojan if its the tweak xp site any ideas

fsbb 19:44 23 Sep 04

Don't know. As soon as the tweak xp site opened AVG detected the trojen. patso, you have made a further posting indicating that you have the same trojan - you visited the site as well!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…