Deleting system restore points

loopyloo 12:32 03 Jun 04

How do you delete the above using Windows XP. I have so many restore points going back so many months and I was told its best to delete some so it frees up disk space.

Taurus 12:41 03 Jun 04

I'm not sure about actualy deleting the restore points but the number of restore points save depends on the disk space allocated to the restore app. If you reduce the disk space that will remove a number of the older restore points and restrict the amount that is saved in future.

Eastender 12:41 03 Jun 04

If you right click on My Computer select Properties then the Restore card, you can select how much disk space you wish to allocate to System Restore.

Otherwise it's either off or on. (I think!)

Taff36 12:42 03 Jun 04

Go Start>control Panel>system and on the system restore tab tick the box "turn off system restore" click OK and it will warn you that all restore points will be deleted. As soon as you`ve done this turn it back on ! (Make a system restore point as well just in case)

Peverelli 12:46 03 Jun 04

To delete all restore points except the latest one, use the Disk Cleanup utility. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then Disk Cleanup. Click on the more options tab and then select Clean up in the System Restore dialog box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…