Deleting Sounds.

Furkin 19:27 10 Sep 09

XP Home SP3.

When using the internet, I get an annoying 'plonk' sound, usually during search, or when swapping pages/sites/links etc.

I've been through C.Panel > Sounds, but can't seem to find either what might prompt the sound,,,, nor the actual sound made.

Not life threatening,,,, but damned annoying at times.

Any ideas please ?

GaT7 19:32 10 Sep 09

Possibly...

Sounds > Windows Explorer > Information Bar.

Change it to 'none' & save. G

ambra4 19:42 10 Sep 09

Control Panel – Sound & Audio Device – Click Sound Tab

Change Sound Scheme To “No Sound” it will ask you to Save “Click Yes”

and Save as “Default”

tullie 20:32 10 Sep 09

Or you can disable the sounds you dont want.

Furkin 21:07 10 Sep 09

CB:
Cheers G, Have done that. The sound dosn't sound exactly like the one I want to get rid of,,,, but close ewnough to try. Ta

AMBRA:
There are a few sounds that I do want to keep, otherwise, yep - i'd do that.

TULLIE:
mmmm,,, that was my original question,,, but thanks for the input.

Thanks all

Furkin 21:10 10 Sep 09

UPDATE:
Turning off sound at Information Bar didn't do the trick.

the hick 07:49 11 Sep 09

Furkin, is this sound usually when you left-click on the mouse?

Furkin 12:29 11 Sep 09

Hi Hick, No, it seems to be when the machine is searching,,,,, or locating a page / target.
When booting up PCA just now, I got 3 sounds, as it was booting. When I clicked on My Posts,,, I got another 3 sounds as it was going through the routine,,,,

When looking in the Sounds & Effects, I can't find the exact same sound anywhere,,,, though I'm not 100% certain that the 'test' sounds are the exact same ones as the 'real' sounds,,,, but I could be wrong.

sharpamat 13:02 11 Sep 09

the fact that you are getting these bleeps. at times other than when sounds can be expected.There may ( and only may ) be a minor problem with your system.
click here

Furkin 13:29 11 Sep 09

thanks for that link SM,
The noise is more of a PLOP than a beep.

I have to go hospital now, so will follow that link a little later,,,, & report back.

thanks again

Furkin 09:34 12 Sep 09

Had a look at the link - thanks.
It seems to be about machine 'warning' beeps.
Mine is a definite PLOP when searching/reading.

I might consider turning off ALL sounds,,,, & then putting back the ones I want.
As is my usual luck, I rekkon when I stop all sounds,,,, this one will still be there !

I thought it'd be a simple thing of looking down the Sounds list, & turning off the offending item.

I can't find the exact noise in the tests.
I don't know exactly what is causing it (I had high hopes for Information Bar,,,, as it does seem to be when 'information' or 'data' is located).

mmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,, will wait a couple of days before turning them all off Justin Case someone comes up with the answer.

thank again for reading this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…