Deleting Songs From iPod Nano

peterleay 20:19 14 Jul 07

Just bought my 1st mp3 player - a 2gb iPod Nano. But how the hell do you delete tracks you don't want?! I synced it with iTunes but, ignorantly,didn't realise it'd d/load everything.
There's nothing in the leaflet and can't find anything on their online manual about deleting stuff.
I've tried various Apple/iPod forums & got various methods but none work.
Surely it can't be that difficult!?
Can it?
Help please . . .

FatboySlim71 20:39 14 Jul 07

In I tunes, on the list of songs that it shows you that you have on my Ipod, right click on which ever track you want to delete. Once you have deleted the tracks that you no longer want, connect the Ipod to the PC and it will then update the tracks/songs on your IPOD. This is the method that I use on my 40GB IPOD.

User-1159794 20:41 14 Jul 07
  john bunyan 22:46 14 Jul 07

Peterleay: In the iTunes library you can uncheck the box(es) of the tunes you do not want to synch to your iPod without deleting them. Of course if you want to permanently get rid of them you can delete them but a better bet maybe to move them to another folder not aligned with iTunes
There is an option to manually synch but its a bit fiddly.

peterleay 19:25 15 Jul 07

Thanks eveyone! I ended up starting from scratch by re-formatting the iPod and opting for the 'manual'management of music;which is a[relatively] simple drop n drag process. But I can't believe the lack of information that comes with the iPod! And the 60 page on-line manual was neither use nor ornament.
The phrase "Even a kid could do it" was right - I asked a very young person what to do and they solved everything in one sentence:which made sense in the context of all your replies.
Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac