Deleting software from c: drive wipes my J: drive

redbarron 07:37 AM 01 Jun 13

My main drive is my c: 128 SSD drive. I also have 2TB J: drive with a few folders on it, mainly photos.

Yesterday I deleted some software from my c: drive and installed it onto my j: drive. I then decided I didn't want it at all and deleted it via control panel and removed any folders left behind manually. However, not only has it deleted the bit of software it has completely wiped the j: drive.

Can anyone tell me why it would do that please. Thank you

redbarron 07:41 AM 01 Jun 13

Forgot to add. My system is Windows 7 64 bit

Chronos the 2nd 09:51 AM 01 Jun 13

Can I get this straight. You had, as yet unknown, software on your C drive which you un-installed and them installed on your J drive. You then decided that you did not want it after all so you un-installed the software, I assume via Programs and features in the Control panel, but this has wiped/formatted your J drive.

Is this correct?

First question would have to be why you moved the program from C to J?

What was the software.

lotvic 14:02 PM 01 Jun 13

"I then decided I didn't want it at all and deleted it via control panel and removed any folders left behind manually"

So your actions via control panel couldn't have 'completely wiped' J: drive, if you removed folders manually after uninstalling the software.

Have you looked in the Recycle bin?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites