Deleting Sims 2 and Nightlife -Problematic????

compumac 22:40 30 Apr 10

I have a laptop that needs a lot of software removal. Currently I want to remove The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Nightlife. These two occupy almost 4Gb of disk space. Is there any associated software that also needs to be removed either before or afterwards? I had a problem with another PC in removing a programme,in that when I removed the programme I found out that I should have removed two other associated programmes that I had not realised were connected.

northumbria61 23:02 30 Apr 10

From the Start Menu the programs you mention should/may have their own Uninstall facility. If not go to Control Panel - Add/Remove programs and uninstall from there. There are other software removal programs but start with the basics first.

compumac 09:04 01 May 10

northumbria
Thanks but understand uninstall process. The problem that I had before was that I removed a programme not realising that there were other programmes that were associated with it that were part of its original installation and they should have been removed first. i.e. what other programmes do these two have associations with? I have never used them.

ronalddonald 09:08 01 May 10

try acronis this will help get rid of the software for good

compumac 09:13 01 May 10

ronalddonald
I should rephrase my question:- Are there any associated programmes that run alongside/with The Sims?

compumac 09:14 01 May 10

ronalddonald
I should rephrase my question:- Are there any associated programmes that run alongside/with The Sims?

northumbria61 11:00 01 May 10

I am not quite sure I understand what you are trying to achieve or what the problem is you have with uninstalling. If you use "The Sims" OWN uninstall program it will only remove the necessary items and nothing else. I know of no other associated software attached to what you are trying to remove.

If you are still not convinced then try suggestion by "ronalddonald" above or use either of the 2 in this list -

click here

Sea Urchin 11:16 01 May 10

I wasn't aware that Acronis TI was used to remove software. I've always used it as a backup facility to make sure I DON'T lose software.

compumac 12:12 01 May 10

northumbria61
The laptop that I am speaking of has a lot of programmes that are unknown to me. At some time in the distant past I had a PC from someone who had a load of junk programmes installed on it, they had just downloaded everything in sight. When it came to removing programme XXX I uninstalled it using the normal uninstall only to find that other programmes that needed to be uninstalled would not uninstall because of their association with XXX and should have been removed first. It then required XXX to be reinstalled and then remove the other programmes first.

northumbria61 17:22 01 May 10

Sea Urchin - I thought "ronalddonald" new something I didn't - I don't use Acronis but did think it was for backups only.

northumbria61 17:36 01 May 10

compumac

I have never come across the problem you seem to be describing - if I had to keep thinking about uninstalling programs 2 & 3 in order to uninstall program 1 I would probably be on all day, everyday and wouldn't bother.

I have never had to reinstall a program that I have uninstalled in order to uninstall another one. You appear to have encountered such a problem and it may be that others have but I have never personally known this.

Sorry I can't offer any further help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…